As I was preparing for my Cloud and Infrastructure Service Version 3 exam, I thought it would be beneficial to document the “Summaries and Tips” I did while studying for this course. This allows me to fully understand each module and it is a good quick review of entire topics. Since I just successfully passed the exam, I am starting to share this summary with you! The links to the topics will be activated over time, but I will do my best to finish the material as soon as possible. If you have any suggestions, please let me know, and wish all participants good luck on the exam.
- Objective 1 (10%)
This objective involves two modules with a focus on describing the digital transformation, business and IT challenges, IT transformation key focus areas, essential characteristics of cloud computing reference architecture, service models, and deployment models.
- Objective 1.1 – Driving digital transformation through the cloud
- Objective 1.2 – Cloud architecture
- Objective 1.2.1 – What is cloud computing?
- Objective 1.2.2 – Cloud deployment models
- Objective 1.2.3 – Cloud service models
- Objective 1.2.4 – Cloud Reference architecture
- Objective 2 (32%)
This objective includes three modules focused on describing the need for application transformation, characteristics of modern applications, cloud service capabilities, catalog, portal, service lifecycle, automation and orchestration, software-defined infrastructure, and infrastructure deployment options.
- Objective 2.1 – Application
- Objective 2.2 – Cloud services and orchestration
- Objective 2.3 – Modern infrastructure
- Objective 3 (37%)
This objective includes two modules focused on describing security threats and related security mechanisms, the role of GRC, cloud service availability, and fault tolerance mechanisms.
- Objective 3.1 – Cloud security
- Objective 3.2 – Business continuity
- Objective 4 (22%)
This objective includes two modules that focus on describing the cloud service portfolio and operations management, as well as key areas of IT transformation.
- Objective 4.1 – Cloud service management
- Objective 4.2 – Transforming IT operations